Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The 3-Unit 'chise!

Right, now you can't accuse me of being thorough. A sad loser maybe, but whatever. The Raiders franchise we inherit is obviously a mass. They have given out fat contracts (see Crockett, Zach and Sapp, Warren) to players who on Madden at least, are not worth the effort. So we'd need to address that. The players in bold are over priced veterans who should either be traded, or shown the door after the first season.
The players in italics are suggested new editions. They are mostly young and cheap. Obviously I can't speak for The Dogg's defensive scheme, but for my new offense I need a quick RB (Calhoun or Fargas), a quick TE (my boy Vernon) and a dynamic fullback who's quick and can catch passes (Cooley). I thought we might throw in Greg Jones as an experiment. The o-lineman have the raw attributes I'm looking for. As for the QB, you probably think I've gone mad, but I wanted a challenge, a project QB that has enough pace to get out of the pocket. I might bring in a strong armed veteran back-up if we are struggling.
On defense I guess we could make it as easy or as hard as we want. We could bring in Roy, Troy and Boss or have Huff, Bing and Kirk Morrison. Even if The Bowski doesn't want Morrison both he and Thomas Howard are young and quality and we should use them, possibly moving Morrison inside. I have had Champ Bailey (rated 99), Chris McAllister (96) and Will Peterson and Ike Taylor, they were all crap. Therefore we might as well use young CB's because they will get burned anyway . Jimmy Williams should fit somewhere in our plans with his combination of size, strength, speed and agility, he is quality.
The players in brackets are my rated rookies. You can also see their colleges and where they were drafted on my Steelers franchise. If we are going to avante Jordan, Adrian Peterson or Michael Bush would be fine editions. There is also plenty of talent at WR and all across the offensive line. The draft is much better offensively than defensively. Saying that, DE's Adam Carriker and Baraka Atkins are solid and worth the effort. There are a couple of gems though, (if they come out) MLB's Vince Hall and H.B. Blades. I picked both in the late rounds. Hall is especially good because he was only 21 when he came out and has speed and strength both in the 80's. The cornerback class is pretty ordinary.
If we draft Crosby, we can get rid of Big Head, who I believe is in the last year of his contract anyway. You can bleed the draft dry of talent in the late rounds because the computer is crap at it.
Have a look at what you think and post/let me know.

The Mac



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home